Board of Trustees
Originally the Mojave Public Cemetery District. In 1940 the Kern County Board of Supervisors made a resolution to establish the Mojave Public Cemetery Board of Trustees as a three-member board. The Mojave Public Cemetery District increased the board to five members by resolution 71-817 on October 12, 1971. The Mojave Public Cemetery District name was changed to East Kern Cemetery District by resolution 77-89 on February 17, 1977 to reflect the addition of the California City Memorial Park.
Board members are appointed by the Kern County Board of Supervisors and serve four-year staggered terms. Their duties are to hire a District Manager and establish District Policy as guided by laws and regulations set forth by the Health & Safety Code and by regulations that are promulgated by the Board of Supervisors.
The Board of Trustees holds its meetings at the District Office on the third Monday of each month at 5:00 pm (except holidays or other notice).
- Victor Yaw, Chairman / Appointed November 1993 – Term expires November 2023
- Glenda Willie, Vice Chairman / Appointed August 2003 – Term expires March 2020
- Buford Land, Trustee / Appointed March 2008 – Term expires March 2020
- Harold Smith, Trustee / Appointed February 2012 – Term expires November 2023
- Owen Carder, Trustee / Appointed March 2012 – Term expires March 2020
District Manager/Board Secretary: Paul Holzer
Current Agenda & Minutes